Is there anything better than berries and cream? It makes everything luxurious doesn’t it? I love maple syrup on french toast and pancakes but even better… blueberry syrup and sweetened whipped cream! What a great way to get some antioxidants in your diet, right =)? I love this because it compliments the buttermilk french toast so well. It gives it that sparkle of sweetness and fresh unmistakable blueberry flavor. If you are looking for a way to dress up that drab ordinary french toast you have to try this! This is would make for an outstanding holiday breakfast to impress the in-laws or friends =). Or, just treat yourself this weekend, you deserve it after a long weeks work!
- 1 recipe buttermilk french toast (found on my site here)
- 1 recipe blueberry syrup (found on my site here)
- Sweetened whipped cream, recipe follows
- Blueberries for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/3 cups whipped cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cook french toast and blueberry syrup according to directions. Serve french toast immediately with warm blueberry syrup. Spoon or pipe sweetened whipped cream on top and garnish with blueberries.
- Pour whipping cream into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, whip whipping cream until soft peaks form. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form.