Aren’t S’mores one of the greatest treats of all time? I love s’mores! Every time we go camping I eat far too many. But, unfortunately there are those long winter months when you can’t get outside to build a fire to make a perfectly golden s’more, so you have to improvise. That is why I have come up with these. They taste just like a s’more and they are equally as good! There are so many s’mores bars/cookie recipes out there, which are good, but I think they are slightly lacking with the main star of the s’more, the marshmallow. They just don’t have enough. Also, I don’t like how some of them add the marshmallow in from the beginning because then you just end up with melted marshmallows rather than toasted marshmallows like an actual s’more. The other thing I like about this recipe is that it’s not a big fat cookie base, because again that would take away from the star of the show, the marshmallow. It’s a slightly thin cookie base with a fairly crisp edge that is screaming with graham cracker flavor. I believe this cookie has just the right amount of proportion with it’s ingredients. If you like s’mores then please try this recipe, you won’t be disappointed!
You may also like to try Marshmallow Brownie Cookies, they’re delish.
- 10 graham cracker sheets, finely ground in a food processor*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine ground graham crackers, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until lighter and fluffy about 3-4 minutes. Stir in egg and vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until well combine. Scoop out 1 Tbsp dough at a time and form into a ball, then place dough balls onto greased baking sheet (I fit 11 per sheet). Flatten dough balls slightly and bake 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile generously butter a cookie sheet and spread miniature marshmallows in a single layer on cookie sheet. Heat oven to broil and toast marshmallows (DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THEM) for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until golden. Remove from oven and using a buttered spatula, scoop marshmallows over tops of cookies.
- In a small microwave safe mixing bowl combine chocolate chips, butter and water. Microwave chocolate on 50% in 30 intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Pour mixture into a small ziploc bag or piping bag. Cut a small tip off the end and drizzle over S'mores Cookies. Store cookies in an airtight container.
*Graham crackers should basically be ground to powder. I grind them for about 1 minute in the food processor.