Why pay for mint leaves when no one really eats them and they just end up straggling behind on the plate, then in the trash =)? If you didn’t notice I garnished these with the leaves of the strawberries rather than buying mint leaves just for looks. Not sure if they’re edible but they look fancy. I can’t get enough of these mini pies! These are elegant, simple to make, luxuriously delicious, personal size cream pies that can be made in 10 minutes! I love the versatility of these pies. You could switch up the berries, and even use peaches or bananas (mmm love banana cream pie). I like to call the pastry cream I use in these, cheaters pastry cream because it tastes like pastry cream but its made from instant pudding in 2 minutes. These pies are perfect for the upcoming Valentines holiday or anytime you need a delicious sweet! Make these for a party and allow everyone to believe you spent enduring, long, laborious hours in the kitchen for such a fine dessert =).
- 6 mini store-brought graham cracker crusts
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5 oz) pkg white chocolate, vanilla or cheesecake instant vanilla pudding mix
- 10 oz strawberries or raspberries (it should yield about 2 cups when diced)
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar, divided
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup heavy cream, milk, vanilla and instant pudding mix for 2 minutes until very thick. Cover and refrigerate. Dice strawberries into small pieces (if using raspberries dice into halves). Pour strawberries into a small mixing bowl and stir in 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, whip together 1/2 cup cream until soft peaks form. Stir in 2 Tbsp powdered sugar then whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Remove pudding mixture from refrigerator, stir once more then fill each graham cracker crust with 1/4 cup mixture. Smooth tops of pie then equally divide diced strawberries over filled pies (its a few heaping tablespoons over each). Pipe sweetened whipped cream over each pie. Serve immediately.