It’s time to sneak some fruit juice into your kids soda =). I love this drink because it really is a fruit punch. It’s made of half fruit juice, it’s not like those sodas flavored with artificial fruit flavors. This punch also gets an incredible boost of flavor from the almond extract in it. This beverage is family friendly because it contains no alcohol so it would be a great homemade drink to make for family parties. One definite highlight of this drink is it’s simplicity, you could have it made in under a minute. I also love that it tastes surprisingly different than your average fruit punch, in my opinion better.
Random funny thing, I rarely run out of ice in my home (because I hate exercising without an ice cold glass of water so I always keep it stocked, it’s a must, a bare necessity) but the one time I go to take pics to blog this drink of course, no ice =). We’ll say I did it on purpose though because it’s still winter and I didn’t want the drink to be too chilled. Drinks just look prettier with it though don’t they? With or without ice this is one incredible and very simple drink to make. It’s delightfully refreshing, even on a cold winter day.
- 2 cups apple juice, chilled
- 2 cups grape juice, chilled
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 4 cups lemon lime flavored soda, such as Sprite, chilled
- In a large pitcher, stir together apple juice, grape juice and almond extract. Pour in lemon lime soda and give it a quick stir (just don't over-mix after adding the soda or you will stir out the carbonation).
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy