Surprise! Another slow cooker recipe from Cooking Classy =). I can’t help it, I love them! They always yield such incredibly tender, flavorful meat. The majority of the time I cook my meat for my main entrees in the slow cooker. If you don’t have one, you need one. I bought mine for $30 (you can find it here for $34), I love it because the lid stays snug while cooking so all the liquids aren’t steaming out all day and it’s great for transporting. I had to buy it recently because my other one exploded, yes exploded! I did the dumbest thing ever. I washed it then set it on the stovetop to dry, then apparently I turned on the wrong burner when I went to cook something and KABOOM! It exploded because it was sitting on the hot, wrong burner I had accidentally turned on. Talk about my dumbest kitchen moment ever, oops =). Just glad no one got hurt, the breakage didn’t go far. Sorry, I got sidetracked with that, onto the dish…
This recipe is amazingly simple and so versatile. The pork can be used for tacos, enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas, tamales, sopas, taquitos, empanadas, salads, tortas, tostadas, mexican pizzas okay, okay you get the idea. Did I mention it contains only 3 ingredients! Talk about quick and easy. This meal is likely to become one of your go to favorites, not just for it’s simplicity but for its phenomenal, enticing flavors! It will have you coming back for more and more… and more.
If you love these then you would probably also love my recipe for Shredded Beef Tacos, again another versatile, simple recipe. Another favorite is my Chicken Enchiladas with Green Sauce (from scratch), it’s also another easy and delicious dish. Have I said yet how much I love and constantly crave Mexican food?
- 2.5 lbs boneless pork spare ribs (look for some with less fat)
- 1 cup apple juice (don't worry this isn't "sweet pork", it just balances out the saltiness)
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning (I use McCormick)Slow Cooker Pork for Tacos
- Place pork spare ribs in the slow cooker, pour apple juice over spare ribs. Sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning the flip spare ribs and season with remaining taco seasoning. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours. Trim fat from pork and shred, return to slow cooker for an additional 20 - 30 minutes in taco seasoned broth. Strain broth or remove pork with tongs or fork when plating.
- For serving ideas see my recipe for Shredded Beef Tacos
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy