Oh I don’t even know where to start with these bad boys! This is one of my favorite posts yet! I had family over today and served these for dessert, I think they went quicker than any dessert I’ve ever made. Who doesn’t love cookie dough? Okay okay so truthfully I wasn’t that into it (what was wrong with me!? =) until just a few months ago, then I got a more refined palate and became obsessed with it, and now with these I’m dangerously addicted. I can’t stop eating them!
Of course I made these to be egg free, and to replace the moisture from the lack of eggs (I also didn’t want to add more than a stick of butter) I decided to add what better than heavy cream! My life motto: every things better with cream haha kidding (kind of). If it wasn’t so fattening I’d pour cream over my cold cereal replacing milk for breakfast, I love the stuff. The cream gives these cookie dough bites the perfect texture. Ah don’t you just wish you had one now to sink your teeth into and let it slowly melt in your mouth? So go make them, you won’t regret it (well maybe you will a little when you can’t stop eating them… but it’s worth it. I’d rather run a few extra miles to enjoy a few more of these).
Make these and where ever you take them they will be worth more than gold, seriously they should replace money. Bonus, less waiting for baked cookies and less mess. I’m going to be seeing a lot of these around my place.
Note: I know many cookie dough truffles/bites use mini chocolate chips but I never keep the minis on hand that’s why I used regular chocolate chips and just chopped them up a bit. Plus I love how it gave them the little slivers of chocolate throughout the cookie dough bites, but if you don’t want to do the chopping and you have minis feel free to use that. You could even use mini M&M’s. I listed in the recipe my personal preference which is half milk chocolate chips half semi-sweet but if you prefer one over the other then use that. Add extra if you’d like too. Enjoy! Hide them from everyone, I think next time I’m going to. Sometimes, just sometimes it’s okay to be greedy =).
Creepy, do you see the little guy looking up saying “eat me”?
Now I can’t stop looking at it…
That serving will be mine…
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, chopped (the idea is to get them to be about 1/2 - 1/3 their original size)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt until pale and fluffy about 3 - 4 minutes. Stir in cream and vanilla extract. Add in flour and mix just until combine (dough will seem dry at first but it will come together). Mix in chopped chocolate chips. Scoop dough out 1 equal tablespoon at a time and roll into balls. Place on parchment or wax paper. If drizzling with chocolate, place 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe container and microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Pour melted chocolate into a small ziploc bag, seal bag and cut a very small tip off the corner of the bag. Drizzle chocolate over tops of truffles. Place truffles in freezer for several minutes until chocolate sets and hardens (mine only took about 3 minutes), then enjoy! For more firm cookie dough bites, chill 1 hour in refrigerator. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- *for an even creamier truffle omit 2 Tbsp of the granulated sugar and replace it with 2 Tbsp coffee creamer powder. It's delicious!
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy