It’s good to be home and back in the kitchen! Vacation to Cali was fun but oh how I missed my kitchen and the cooking and the baking =). Call my crazy but the kitchen is one of my favorite places to be. The possibilities of what you can create are endless. It was fun to try new restaurants while vacationing but there’s nothing quite like a delicious home cooked meal prepared exactly as you wish.
Anyway onto what’s important here – these, melt in your mouth, sweetly spiced, Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookie dough bites. Quite the name eh? I mentioned a while back how I’ve become obsessed with cookie dough, well it was no lie. That love led me to create these. I’ve seen Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies in the past but why not just make them as cookie dough bites without baking? With these you get less mess, less waiting yet still one indulgent, chewy (thanks to that yummo rolo) cookie dough bite. Simply said, they’re Fantastic!
Note, if you don’t want to indulge as much these bites are also delicious without Rolos stuffed in them. So if you are wanting to make them right away but don’t have Rolos on hand I’d say just try them next time with the Rolos. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 28 Rolo candies
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter, brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and cream of tartar until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients and mix until combine. In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsp granulated sugar and 3/4 tsp cinnamon. Scoop dough out 1 (even) TBSP at a time, then press one Rolo candy into the center of scooped dough and roll into a ball. Roll each dough ball into cinnamon sugar mixture. Chill or serve immediately. Store Cookie Dough Bites in refrigerator.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy (adapted slightly from my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites)