If there’s one treat you must make this holiday season this is it. Okay there are a lot of treats that definitely deserve to be made this holiday season but this one should be near the top of your list. It’s easy (we are talking 10 – 15 minutes total easy), it tastes like candy with a crunch, it’s nutty, slightly sticky, deliciously sweet and it’s the perfect gift for friends neighbors or coworkers. Simply said this stuff is highly addictive so share the wealth or you will want to eat it all =). Enjoy!
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts*
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light-corn syrup
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Golden Grahams, mixed nuts and coconut, set aside. In a medium saucepan combine sugar light-corn syrup and butter. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Allow mixture to boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and carefully pour sugar mixture over cereal mixture and toss to evenly coat. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- *A salted blend is delicious. You can also use just one type of nut such as sliced almonds or chopped cashews or peanuts.
- Recipe Source: recipe from my Grandma
You could also call this Christmas Chex Mix. I think it’s a very fitting name. When I think of this stuff I think of Christmas because it’s one of my favorite gifts that people make to give.