Please send help, I cannot stop eating this highly addictive Honey-Chipotle Nut and Pretzel Mix! I absolutely love the combination of sweet, salty and spicy in this delicious snack mix! It’s been sitting on my office desk and let’s just say that is a dangerous spot for it! Between just my husband and I you wouldn’t believe how quickly it is disappearing! And I’m already planning on making it again for our family vacation next week. You know it’s good when you are already planning on restocking your supply before it’s gone :). I was actually surprised by how much my husband couldn’t stop raving about this stuff because he’s not normally a fan of spicy foods. With this recipe you can add more or less chipotle chili powder to adjust the heat level as desired – just don’t overdue it so you can still taste the delicious flavor of the nuts.
This is the perfect snack for March Madness, it’s practically guaranteed to be a win all around. Or it would make the perfect trail mix type treat for an afternoon hike, or of course a nice snack to have tucked away in your desk to curb those afternoon munchies. I love it so much I’m already reaching for it right after breakfast, no waiting around for afternoon to come with this stuff.
This delicious nut and pretzel mix is made with Fishers brand Pecans and Almonds. I’ve always loved Fishers nuts, I’ve been buying them as long as I can remember. I love them not only for their perfect flavor and crunch but also because they are one of the only brands of recipe nuts made entirely without preservatives. Here they are the key ingredients to this recipe and they way the pair with that spicy, sugary coating is dreamy! This snack mix is everything I’d hoped it to be and then some, try it soon I think you’ll love it too!
- 1 1/2 cups (215g) Fishers Whole Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups (159g) Fishers Whole Pecan Halves
- 2 Tbsp (29g) butter
- 1/4 cup (52g) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (50g) honey
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups (100g) mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread almonds and pecans over cookie sheet into an even layer. Toast for 5 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Pour nuts into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- To a small saucepan add butter, sugar, honey, chipotle chili powder, sea salt, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder and heat mixture over medium heat. Whisk constantly and bring mixture to a light boil then remove from heat. Immediately pour mixture over nuts and toss to evenly coat then immediately add pretzels and gently toss to evenly coat (before sugar mixture starts to set). Spread mixture over parchment paper or silicone lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven tossing twice during baking and returning to an even layer, about 15 - 20 minutes (nuts should be nicely toasted but not burnt. Sugar mixture will still seem sticky even once it's done, they'll have to cool completely then sugar coating should harden). Let cool completely, while separating nuts and pretzels (or leave them clumped together then just break once cool). Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.