The ultimate party food – 7 Layer Bean Dip! My family has long loved 7 layer bean dip. We all sit down and eat a very generous serving whenever it’s around, as in there’s rarely ever a speck left. I’ve shared a few versions of this classic dip but this is my favorite version. It is just SO good!!
I took the classic version, the one you’ll find all over the interwebs and added my own spin to it. I started with the classic canned refried beans. I used Rosarita Refried Beans, they’re my go-to canned refried beans. You can find them at Walmart. I added my own seasoning blend to the beans (seasoning packets have their place just not here, typically you’ll find a whole packet of seasoning in these too – I think that’s just too much I want to be able to taste everything else), I also used homemade guacamole, nixed the salsa and rather added a can of Ro*tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (and I mixed them right into the beans it gives them a great flavor). And then I used freshly shredded cheese. But I won’t judge if you use the pre-shredded stuff from the store, I use it too sometimes. And now I’ll sit down and eat it for dinner. But really, I’ve been known to do that in the past. Before we had kids there were several times I made this for dinner.
This is the perfect food for to serve a during all the basketball games this season! Whether or not you or your friends are into sports this is something that will have everyone wanting to show up to the game day party! It’s total comfort food and it has so many delicious fresh flavors. It may take some prep with all those layers but trust me, it’s so worth it!
Also, Ro*Tel and Rosarita are doing an awesome giveaway for the games! ENTER HERE for your chance to win a Game Day Party Pack. The Game Day Party Pack includes:
- a flat screen tv
- a slow cooker
- $100 gift card for collegiate basketball gear
- $50 Walmart gift card.
You can enter once each day and share your favorite recipes to social media.
FYI your layers won’t look this precise when you dip into it, I just cut through it so you could see all those layers of goodness!
7-Layer Bean Dip
- 1 (16 oz) can Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained (use Mild if you don't like much heat)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium avocados , peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 oz . sour cream
- 1/2 (6 oz can) black olives, sliced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 3/4 cups finely shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together refried beans, canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt/ 1/4 tsp pepper). Spread mixture into an even layer in 7 by 11-inch baking dish.
- Mash avocado with lime juice. Mix in cilantro and season with remaining 1/4 tsp garlic powder and salt to taste. Spread into an even layer over the bean layer in baking dish, then spread sour cream over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, black olives over sour cream layer then top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with tortillas chips. Dip can be made a day in advance, just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This post was sponsored by Mirum Shopper, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.