Looking for the perfect party snack for the upcoming New Year’s party? This bean dip is the perfect dish for a party or gathering because it can be made in advance and it tastes incredible! I love the addition of bacon in this bean dip. I love bacon so I figured why not in 7 layer bean dip? I also love the flavor of cilantro in Mexican dishes so I thought this had to have it (hence why this is now 9 layer bean dip). You could easily double this recipe, just use a 13×9 dish. Have a great New Year!
You may also like to try my recipe for fresh salsa (one of my weekly favorites).
9 Layer Bean Dip (with Bacon!)
- 1 (16 oz.) can Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 lime , juiced*
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives , sliced
- 1 large Roma tomato , diced
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips , for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine refried beans, water and taco seasoning. Stir mixture until well combine. Spread bean mixture evenly into the bottom of a small casserole dish (I used a 1 1/2 quart 8x6 dish). Sprinkle beans evenly with both grated cheeses.
- Peel and mash avocados with a fork, blend in lime juice, onion powder and garlic powder. Spread guacamole mixture evenly over cheese in casserole dish. Dollop sour cream over guacamole and spread evenly (if you want to do it the way I did in the photos, spread 1/4 cup sour cream over guacamole then reserve 1/4 cup. Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup over completed dip using a snipped ziploc bag). Sprinkle bacon next, followed by tomatoes and olives. Garnish lastly with green onions and chopped cilantro. Season with fresh ground pepper over top to taste. Serve with tortilla chips and store dip covered, in the refrigerator.
- *if it's not a very juicy lime you'll probably want to juice the whole lime