Who doesn’t love coleslaw? It’s crunchy, it’s creamy, it’s slightly sweet, and it goes with just about anything, plus it always has me heading back and heaping another generous scoop onto my plate (no shame, it’s cabbage). Here you get the perfect fall inspired coleslaw with it’s addition of apples, cranberries and almonds and it’s covered in a lighter Greek yogurt dressing (versus a classic coleslaw dressing that has as much as a cup of mayonnaise in it).
This Apple Cranberry Almond Coleslaw has a mild flavor to it but if you’d like a more pronounced flavor you can definitely add in a tablespoon or two of dijon mustard to the dressing. And if you want to skip a step you can use a coleslaw mix in place of the shredded cabbage and carrots. I think it’s time for pulled pork or pulled chicken sandwiches this week for dinner don’t you – and then of course this coleslaw to go with it!
Apple Cranberry and Almond Coleslaw
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek Yogurt (I recommend using Fage, other brands may will be too thin)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small cabbage , shredded (6 - 7 cups packed)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 large gala apples , sliced into matchsticks (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and apple cider vinegar until smooth, while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, carrots, apples, green onions, almonds and cranberries. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately for best results.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy