I have the feeling this are going to be my new favorite summer dessert. Simply said, I want to stop everything I’m doing and devour the entire pan =). I thought it would be exciting to create a fun brownie recipe that’s not your average chocolate brownie, something different that people haven’t tried before. I’ve seen several different lemon brownie photos on Pinterest so I decided I wanted to create my own version. What goes better together then lemon, blueberry and white chocolate? My husband said these are one of his new favorites, which I was excited by because normally he doesn’t care much for lemon. Guess these are just that good =), even those who don’t like lemon love these brownies.
Blueberry Lemon Brownies with White Chocolate Glaze
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter , softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (the juice of about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (the zest of about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips , or 3 oz. chopped white chocolate
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk or half-n-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat egg and egg yolks on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add in sugar, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla, mix until well blended. Add in dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in blueberries. Pour mixture into a buttered 8x8 baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake 30-34 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached (I used chilled blueberries so mine took about 33 minutes). Allow Blueberry Lemon Brownies to cool completely, then pour White Chocolate Glaze over top and spread evenly over brownies (I poured it in the center so it didn't all run down the sides of the bars, then I spread it out near the edges). Cut into squares (for cleaner cutting you can freeze bars for about 10-15 minutes to help glaze set before cutting).
White Chocolate Glaze
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave mixture on 50% in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.