The countdown to Superbowl Sunday has begun, so the question is have you planned out your game day menu? Of course it should include a few dips (the cheesier the better), some classic meaty appetizers, maybe a few bags of chips, good drinks all around, and most definitely some sliders! And not just any sliders, sliders to leave people craving more and these easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Blue Cheese Coleslaw are just that.
These things pack some tastebud tantalizing heat as well as a flavorful punch and they most definitely do not disappoint! What really makes these sliders isn’t just that irresistible Buffalo wing sauce but equally as important are is the roll that holds it all together. It shouldn’t just be one of these airy dinner rolls that smashes down to thin nothingness within one bite, what we really need here are slider rolls that have some substance and strength to them, rolls that can handle a generous filling. And that is where the ever so delicious La Brea Bakery Take and Bake Telera Slider Rolls come in to play. I have been buying the La Brea Bakery Take and Bake products since I first saw them on the shelves and I can’t get enough of them! My family absolutely loves them and they taste like fresh homemade bread. Can’t beat that right? I love the breads, the rolls, the baguettes, all are delicious and they leave me coming back for more. I also love that I can buy them and freeze them for a later use, and then when I do thaw and bake them weeks later they still taste like fresh bread! I think what really does the trick here, what really gives it that fresh flavor are those few minutes they’re baked at home in your oven. They are under-baked just slightly when you buy them so you can finish baking them at home leaving you with incredibly fresh tasting, hot from the oven bread. Like that you’d get from a local bread bakery. You get a perfectly golden, slightly crisp exterior and a wonderfully soft and tender interior crumb inside. Trust me, I love fresh bread and these totally make the cut for me! I love them with soups, for sandwiches, sliced and slathered in butter and everything in between. You can find the La Brea Bakery Take and Bake breads nationwide at retailers including Costco, Safeway, Kroger, and more. Try them out this coming weekend by starting with these delicious Buffalo Chicken Sliders. This is my idea of what comfort food/party food/football food/dinner/lunch should be – these things are amazing and if you like spicy you’ll love these!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- 8 La Brea Bakery Take and Bake Telera Slider Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup hot buffalo wing sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz . coleslaw mix (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Bake rolls according to directions on package then remove from oven and let cool. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add honey and buffalo wing sauce and warm sauce through. Add in chicken and toss to evenly coat, warm chicken through. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- To make the coleslaw:
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar with sugar and salt until dissolved. Mix in mayonnaise. Place coleslaw in a medium mixing bowl then pour dressing over coleslaw, add blue cheese and toss mixture to evenly coat.
- To assemble sandwiches:
- Layer chicken over bottom halves of slider rolls, then layer over coleslaw and cover with top halves of slider rolls. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This post is sponsored by La Brea, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love which help make this blog possible.