Lately I’ve been loving wraps more than ever! They are such a great change to the same old sandwiches or salads I have so often and they are one of those things that’s easy to throw together. Yes, you could go the cheater route and use a store-bought caesar dressing to save time but really this one is easy to mix up it and it’s a big part of what makes this wrap so incredibly delicious (you could use the anchovy paste in a tube to save time if you want. The whole anchovies in a can are better but not a major difference. If you haven’t cooked with them before don’t worry, you don’t taste fish. It just brings a nice depth of flavor to the dressing that is a must for any caesar dressing. They smell bad but we’ll all get over it).
If you wanted to take these Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad Wraps one step further you could also add crumbled bacon, but of course they are pretty amazing as is. Here you take a basic caesar salad, add in an upgrade of avocados, chicken and tomatoes, along with a lighter caesar dressing (and nix the croutons because we don’t need double carbs) – then wrap it all up in a big tortilla and boom! You’ve got a wrap everyone will be envious of at your lunch hour (and yes of course they are perfect for dinner too)! Try them this week!
Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad Wrap
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless , skinless chicken breasts, grilled then cooled 10 minutes and diced*
- Romaine lettuce (you'll need about 2/3 of 1 head)
- 2 small avocadoes , peeled and diced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely shredded or shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 burrito size whole wheat or white tortillas
- 2/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light-mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets , mashed finely to a paste (1 1/2 tsp paste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 small garlic cloves , pressed through a garlic crusher
- 2 Tbsp water , or as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing:
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, add in water to thin 1 Tbsp at a time (it should be a somewhat thick dressing). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the wraps:
- Layer tortillas with lettuce, grilled chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and parmesan. Spoon dressing over tops and wrap. Serve immediately.
- *This is how I prepared and grilled the chicken - preheat grill over medium-high heat to about 425. Pound chicken breast to even thickness then brush both sides lightly with olive oil. In a small bowl whisk together 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken. Grill about 4 minutes per side on preheated grill or until center registers 165 on an instant read thermometer.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy