Are you ready for some of the best salmon of your life? Then you need to try this salmon recipe! My husband and I couldn’t get over how good it was. Even my kids said it tasted so good (although they were working to get past the heat. I’m trying to break them in slowly to get used to spicy things because I love it so much. I had to scrape some of the rub off of theirs).
Their are two main reasons this salmon is so flavorful. First, the simple spice rub. Yes it consists of a number of spices but chances are you have all of them or all but one of them, you may just need that chipotle chili powder. And the second reason for it’s awesome flavor are the unique and inventive Fire & Flavor Cedar Grilling Papers they’re snuggly wrapped up in. I love the idea of these papers, they’re genius really. It’s neat how the papers entirely enclose the meat or seafood so you aren’t just getting that cedar flavor on bottom, it goes all the way around. Yes, I will be finding my way to more of these!
Salmon is one of my favorite foods and this is really one of the best salmon fillets I’ve ever had! I also love how the flavors of the bell peppers infuse into the salmon since they are wrapped up and grilled together. I served this salmon with brown rice to keep things healthy but this would also be good with Mexican rice or cilantro lime rice.
I can’t wait to try more Fire & Flavor Products like the Apple Smoking Chips and all the rubs they make! So far I am very impressed and I can’t wait to make this salmon again!
Chipotle Rubbed Salmon with Bell Peppers in Cedar Paper
- 4 (5 - 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tsp packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 bell peppers , sliced into 1/2-inch strips (or 2/3 of 3 various colors)
- 1 lime , sliced into wedges for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro , for serving
- Soak cedar papers in water for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 400 degrees over medium heat halfway through soaking papers.
- Crumble brown sugar into a small mixing bowl. Add chipotle chili powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and whisk to combine.
- Remove cedar papers from water and spray tops with non-stick cooking spray. Brush 1 Tbsp of the olive oil along both sides of salmon fillets. Sprinkle one side of each fillet with spice rub (using about half of it for all 4), then rotate and transfer to cedar papers. Sprinkle remaining spice rub over tops of salmon.
- Toss peppers with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer pepper strips over salmon (only enough that paper can wrap entirely to enclose, remaining peppers can be grilled halfway through cooking salmon, just lay strips along opposite direction of grates so they don't fall in), wrap cedar paper around salmon and peppers then tie with string provided. Grill 5 - 7 minutes per side, spraying with a water bottle as necessary to moisten papers and prevent flare ups, until salmon is cooked through. Cut strings, serve warm with lemon wedges for spritzing and cilantro.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This post has been sponsored by the Salmon Council, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.