Chocolate for breakfast?! Why have I waited so long to have chocolate granola in my life? What better way to start your day than with chocolate…and almonds! This Chocolate Almond Granola is full of nutritious ingredients and they all taste delicious because they are coated in a rich and delicious chocolatey mixture and baked to crisp perfection. I’m pretty sure I have my breakfast planned out for the next few months now.
This decadent granola makes for the perfect midday snack to curb your afternoon munchies yet it’s something that is fancy enough to serve up at a holiday get together, like a Mother’s Day Brunch. It’s so easy to make and it’s one of those recipes you’ll want to make again and again. It’s so good you may even find yourself eating it for dessert! Now how often do you choose granola over ice cream? For me never, but with this that changed because it happened.
Instead of leaving this just a plain chocolate granola I chose to add almonds to this granola not only for their wonderful flavor and crunch but also for their amazing nutritional value. And yes, because chocolate and almonds just go together like salt and pepper. I used Fisher’s brand almonds in this recipe because it’s a brand I trust and I love that they are one of the only brands of recipe nuts made entirely without preservatives! They are the perfect addition to this granola and this granola is the perfect addition to your mornings, so make yourself some soon! You’ll be so glad you did, it might even make rolling out of bed at 6:00 am a little easier when you know what breakfast you’ve got to look forward to!
Chocolate Almond Granola
- 4 cups (343g) rolled oats (don't use quick oats)
- 1 cup (130g) Fisher's whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (36g) ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup (58g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (110g) honey
- 1/3 cup (78g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (35g) Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (44g) tiny chopped semi-sweet chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment or brush pan lightly with coconut oil. In a large mixing bowl toss together oats, almonds and flax seeds. In a separate small mixing bowl whisk together melted coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, cocoa, water, vanilla and sea salt. Pour cocoa mixture over oat mixture and toss well until evenly coated. Spread into an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 35 minutes, tossing once and returning to an even layer halfway through baking (it won't be crisp until it cools). Cool completely then sprinkle chocolate chunks over granola. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.