An over-the-top Oreo studded cheesecake that will be the highlight of an occasion! This Cookies ‘N Cream Cheesecake is total dessert bliss!
Every celebration should include cheesecake of some kind, don’t you think? Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts and I love trying all the different flavor combinations you can make with cheesecake. This time around I’m sharing this perfectly decadent Cookies ‘N Cream Cheesecake (or as some may call it “Oreo Cheesecake”), which comes from the ever-so-tempting Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook! This cheesecake is all of my cheesecake dreams come true and I know I’ll make it again and again. I’m sure soon enough people will start begging me to bring this along to parties! I’m thinking it would be perfect for the New Years Eve parties coming right up. Cheesecake is always a good dessert choice, always.
I’ve been following Sally’s blog for years, practically since she first started it and I’m always amazed by everything she shares. Her pictures are beautiful and her desserts always leave me wishing I could reach through the computer screen and grab what’s in front of me. Her first cookbook – Sally’s Baking Addiction cookbook (the one pictured above) has been re-released as paperback version and updated with an additional eight brand-new cookie recipes added, so there’s never been a better time to buy a copy (she has a second cookbook which I have and love as well and a third cookbook in the works)! Sally is a baking queen, if you are ever on Pinterest you are always sure to come across several of her amazing recipes. This cookbook includes breakfast baked treats, cakes and cupcakes, bars, pies, candy and sweet snacks, and plenty of cookie recipes and each recipe is paired with a photo that will leave you wanting to try it all! It’s definitely a cookbook I highly recommend adding to your cookbook collection! Try out this Cookies ‘N Cream Cheesecake recipe and you’ll be agreeing with me on that one. You can purchase Sally’s Baking Addiction cookbook from Amazon or Barnes and Noble. You can also check out her blog here for more info and pictures from her cookbook.
To give you more of an idea of the goodness of this cookbook here is a selection of a few of the recipes: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, Double Chocolate Muffins, Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Grandma’s Sticky Pecan Rolls, Apple Pie Streusel Bars, Death By Chocolate Brownies, Brown Sugar Marble Pound Cake, Banana Chocolate Chip Layer Cake, Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzels, Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies, Lemon Slice and Bake Cookies, Sunshine Lemon Cupcakes and many many more! This cookbook is filled with everything I love!
Happy (soon to be) New Year everyone! I hope the year ahead is full of wonderful things to come for you and I hope you get a chance to make this cheesecake to ring in the new year!
Cookies ‘N Cream Cheesecake
- 20 Oreo cookies (regular or Double Stuf)
- 5 Tbsp butter , melted
- 24 oz . (675g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream or plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 18 Oreo cookies , crumbled (regular or Double Stuf), crumbled
- Whipped cream , for topping (optional)
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place a 9-inch springform in the center of a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil (about 18 by 18-inches). Carefully wrap foil around sides of cheesecake pan (be careful not to create any holes in the foil, the whole purpose of the foil is to prevent water from leaking in to the cheesecake so if it tears water will leak in through the separation in the bottom of the pan). Spray inside of springform pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- For the crust:
- In a food processor or blender, pulse 20 Oreos to fine crumbs. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter until well combined. Press into an even layer in bottom of prepared springform pan. Bake in preheated oven 9 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- For the filling:
- Using a hand-held electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in the sour cream or yogurt and the vanilla and mix well. Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed just until combined. Gently fold in 13 crumbled Oreo cookies. Do not over-mix. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Place the springform pan into a large roasting pan and place in the oven. Fill the roasting pan up with hot water until the water level comes about halfway up the outside of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 50 - 60 minutes, or until the center is almost set. Turn the oven off and open the door slightly. Let the cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Loosen the cheesecake from the rim of the pan and remove the rim. Top with whipped cream, crumble remaining 5 Oreos and sprinkle over cheesecake. Cut into slices and serve chilled. Cover the cheesecake and store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Recipe source: recipe is excerpted from Sally's Baking Addiction cookbook by Sally McKenney. Reprinted with permission from Race Point Publishing.