This post has been a long time coming! I can’t believe I haven’t shared a crème brûlée recipe until now! It is one of my absolute favorite desserts! It is made of three of my most loved ingredients after all, cream, sugar and vanilla beans.
It really doesn’t get much better than this! To crack through that incredibly crisp, perfectly caramelized, candy-like shell, into a rich, luscious and perfectly smooth custard is something to dream about. And this recipe just happens to be my all time favorite! I’ve never had a crème brûlée I enjoyed more. It’s got to have something to do with the quality of vanilla beans I added to them. I used Singing Dog Vanilla Beans and they are the best I’ve ever used. I absolutely love their products, I’ve never been less than 100% satisfied with any product I’ve gotten of theirs (and I’ve been using their products for about a year). They’ve obviously set a standard for their products and it shows in their incredibly high quality. Since I love them so much, I have chosen to partner with them today to offer you such a fabulous GIVEAWAY!! ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL GET A GIFT BASKET FULL OF SINGING DOG VANILLA BEAN PRODUCTS (VALUED AT $100). This is a giveaway you want to enter!! Just follow the prompts on the rafflecoppter below (it may take a second to load, so please be patient)! Best of luck!!
Also be sure to check out all the products they offer by following the link here. They aren’t just limited to vanilla and vanilla beans, they even have things like tea, vanilla salt, lip balm and coconut palm sugar!
If you have never tried Singing Dog Vanilla products the photo below will help you understand why you should try them. Just look at how much pulp there is in these beans! No to mention they are actually moist, they aren’t so dry and lifeless like many others you find at the grocery store.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar , divided
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Hot water for water bath
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pour cream into a medium saucepan. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add to saucepan along with vanilla bean pod. Heat mixture over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches a light boil. Remove from heat and let rest 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup granulated sugar and salt with egg yolks until mixture becomes slightly pale. While whisking, slowly pour cream mixture into egg yolk mixture. Stir in vanilla extract and remove vanilla bean pod.
- Place ramekins into baking pans. Divide cream mixture among ramekins (about 7 - 6 oz ramekins or about 12 - 4 oz ramekins), filling each nearly full. Pour hot water into pan (being careful not to get any in ramekins) and fill water level to about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in preheated oven 30 - 45 minutes, until set but centers still jiggle slightly (bake time will vary based on which size ramekins used, lesser for smaller, greater for larger). Cool at room temperature 30 minutes then transfer to refrigerator to chill 3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let rest 20 minutes, then sprinkle tops evenly with remaining sugar. Holding a hand held kitchen torch, about 4-inches from sugar, evenly brown sugar. Remove the flame just before desired shade is reached. Return to refrigerator and chill 20 minutes.
- Serve cold.
- Recipe Source: method adapted from Alton Brown
Be sure to check out the other Crème Brûlée desserts I have posted (follow link below image for recipe)…
Crème Brûlée Cheesecake Bars HERE.
Crème Brûlée Cupcakes HERE.
This post is sponsored by Singing Dog Vanilla, however all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for working with me Singing Dog Vanilla, I love your products!