Okay so I’m not only obsessed with sheet pan meals but definitely skillet meals too! This quick Garlic Lemon Butter Shrimp just couldn’t get any easier! And the flavor is perfection. I mean talk about the perfect flavor combo – garlic, lemon and butter. Yes, yes and definitely yes! I mean you just can’t go wrong here. Butter makes everything better.
If you want a little extra of that buttery sauce to serve with some couscous or pasta just double up on the butter and lemon. Add some fresh steamed asparagus and you will have a complete meal the whole family will love in no time! This is the perfect meal for busy weeknights because, if you do go with couscous, asparagus and the shrimp combination, it all cooks in 10 minutes or less and prep is a breeze! Definitely one of the easiest and quickest made from scratch dinners you could make. Trust me the flavor definitely beats a package of plain old ramen or fast food so go with this instead when you have the urge to just grab something quick. Plus it will have a lot more nutrition than the previously mentioned too.
- 1 1/2 lbs extra-large (21/25) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a bowl mix together butter, lemon juice and parsley, set aside.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels then sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and the sugar. Heat 2 tsp oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic and half the shrimp to skillet and cook turning once until shrimp is cooked through and opaque, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to a piece of foil and wrap to keep warm. Repeat cooking process with remaining shrimp then remove skillet from heat. Return shrimp in foil to pan with other the shrimp. Pour butter mixture over shrimp and toss to coat. Serve warm.
- Recipe source: inspired by The Best 30-Minute Recipe, by Cook's Illustrated