My kind of food!! I absolutely love Greek and Mediterranean food, there’s just so much fresh, flavorful goodness in it. And this Garlicky Greek Spaghetti Toss is no exception to that, it’s so easy to make yet is so perfectly delicious! Plus, this is a dish that can be ready in about 20 minutes! Just boil spaghetti, then chop the fresh ingredients while it’s boiling, quickly saute the garlic in the olive oil to remove the harsh bite and toss it all together and tadahhhh dinners ready! Yes ma’am (and yes sir)!
This is the perfect meal for busy weeknights, I really appreciated the fact that it came together so quickly. I also really appreciated the fact that it’s packed with fresh tomatoes – tomatoes are one of my favorite ingredients. And I loved that the hot pasta just cooked them ever so lightly.
Tender spaghetti noodles, an abundance of lightly sweet tomatoes, zesty olives, tangy feta, salty capers, lots of fresh herby flavor and garlicky, robust, extra-virgin olive oil – can’t go wrong with this one can you?? Pretty sure that’s a big NO!
- 12 oz. dry spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 1/2 lbs roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 5 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp drained capers
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil ribbons
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to directions on package. When pasta is nearly finished heat olive oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and saute until just lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl or mixing bowl. Pour olive oil and garlic mixture over pasta. Add in tomatoes, black olives, kalamata olives, feta, capers and parsley then toss to evenly coat while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Toss in basil and serve.
- Recipe source: adapted from Food and Wine
Be sure to have ingredients chopped and ready so you can add them in while the pasta is hot.