How have I lived nearly 30 years without ever grilling my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!? PB&J sandwiches are one of my go to lunches for my kids and I because they are so quick and easy and we can never get enough of that peanut buttery goodness, but I’d never thought to grill them for some extra decadence until just recently. Doing so makes such an over-the-top PB&J and it just gives it that perfectly golden crisp crust with soft bread inside, and melty gooey jam and peanut butter within. Plus it’s nice to have a warm sandwich during the cold season so this is the perfect way to serve them during this time of year. This is my idea of a grown up PB&J yet of course kids will love it too!
I love to make these with Smucker’s Fruit Spreads, they are my go-to, because I know I can count on their authentic fruity tastes plus I love all the different varieties they make to choose from. Creating PB&Js with Smucker’s Fruit Spreads helps me enjoy time with my kids and appreciate this time in their life. Plus, it takes me back to my own childhood and being a kid again every time I enjoy a PB&J. A few of my personal favorite flavors are the Smucker’s Low-Sugar Strawberry Spread and the Smucker’s Blueberry Preserves, and of course who can get enough of that creamy Jif Peanut Butter? I love diving in for a midday spoonful!
At our house we’ll eat a PB&J any time of day but our favorite time is at lunch so we can take a break halfway through the day to sit down and enjoy them together with a simple, yet tasty lunch. It’s the sandwich that’s kid approved, grown up approved and always sure to put a smile on someones face!
- 2 slices hearty white or wheat sandwich bread
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp Smuckers Fruit Spreads , any flavor
- Butter outsides of bread using 1/2 tsp on each slice, then spread peanut butter on unbuttered side of one slice and spread jam on the unbuttered side of remaining slice. Sandwich bread together. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place sandwich in skillet and cook until golden brown on bottom, then flip and cook opposite side until golden brown. Slice in half and serve warm.