Before summer is officially over I decided I better get in a few more tasty meals featuring the best of the summer produce while it’s still in season, and so here we are. This Grilled Salmon with Avocado Greek Salsa is unbelievably delicious and it’s actually so easy to prepare! Yes it may require a bit of chopping and I definitely recommend chopping everything itty bitty – to give it more of a salsa fresca type feel rather than a salad, but the extra bit of chopping is so worth it in the end! My husband, my mom and myself couldn’t get over how good this was (especially for how easy it was to make it)! I also love how it all comes together so well, the salsa goes perfectly with the salmon as well as the orzo.
This salsa would also be delicious on chicken or beef if that’s what you’ve got on hand but do try it at least once with the salmon because it is oh so good! I think I’ll have to squeeze this one it at least one or two more times before it starts too cold for grilling outside. I just love all the freshness in these meal, and I can never get enough of those zesty Greek flavors!
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing grill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 of a cucumber, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2.5 oz)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely minced fresh oregano
- Prepare orzo according to directions on package, drain (I recommend tossing with just a little olive oil). Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees. Meanwhile chop ingredients for salsa). Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Brush clean grill grates lightly with olive oil then place salmon on grill (close lid) grill until cooked though, about 3 minutes per side.
- In a medium mixing bowl toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, kalamata olives, garlic, avocado, feta, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, parsley and oregano. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide drained orzo among 4 plates then add a salmon fillet to each plate. Top each serving with plenty of the salsa, both over the salmon and the orzo. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy