I’ve finally gotten my kids to not only eat almond butter, but to love it too with this completely irresistible Honey Roasted Almond Butter! This is hands down the best almond butter I’ve ever tasted and I’ve had my fair share of almond butters. It’s perfectly smooth and creamy with the perfect hit of honey roasted flavor to it.
It makes the perfect dip for apples or a great spread for toast. It’s so good you’ll likely just find yourself eating it straight from the jar by the spoonful and it’s a snack you can feel great about!
If you haven’t tried making almond butter at home there’s no better time than now. It’s so easy to make and it’s so nice knowing exactly what goes into it when you make it at home, plus you don’t have to worry about that Salmonella scare from the store bought stuff if you make your own.
The processing time will vary (as mentioned in the recipe) just based off which brand/model of food processor you are using. I have a Magimix and I couldn’t love it more, it had this done it 8 minutes! Any food processor should work but some will take longer than others. No matter, when you end with something this good!
- 1 lb raw almonds (3 cups)
- 3 Tbsp honey, then up to 1 Tbsp more to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, then more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small mixing bowl whisk together melted coconut oil, 3 Tbsp honey and 1/8 tsp salt until well combined. Place almonds in a mixing bowl then pour honey mixture over almonds and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread almonds into an even layer on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner (scrape any excess honey from bowl using a spatula and spread over almonds). Bake in preheated oven 14 - 15 minutes until nicely roasted, tossing once halfway through. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Pour almonds (and any honey mixture from baking mat) into a food processor. Pulse until ground into butter, stopping and scrapping down sides and bottom of mixer every few minutes (processing time will vary depending on food processor models. It will take anywhere from 8 - 20 minutes). Near end of mixing, if more sweetness is desired add up to 1 Tbsp honey and another pinch or two of salt as desired. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.