You can never have too many easy side dish recipes, right? This one is perfect for Thanksgiving and the more easy sides you have for that day the less stressful it will be. I say spend less time on the sides and more time on making over-the-top, memorable, decadent desserts!
These Honey Roasted Carrots have the perfect naturally sweetened flavor and the roasting just brings out the most incredible flavor in them. Normally I’d roast them just a bit longer than I did here but I was running out of daylight for pictures, but just do it according to your own personal preference. Just keep in mind that thinner carrots will cook faster than the thicker ones so if you got a bag of the long thin carrots cut back the time as needed. And don’t leave out the fresh herbs! They add the perfect amount of flavor while adding just the right amount of savory contrast to the sweetness of the carrots. Who says easy side dishes need to be boring? These carrots are anything but! Try them, you’ll be hooked! Roasting is most definitely one of the best ways, if not thee best way, to cook veggies in my opinion. They just don’t get any better!
- 3 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced on a bias to 1 1/2-inch long pieces (slice thicker portions into halves)*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place carrots in a mound on a 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer. Roast in preheated oven 20 minutes then remove from oven. In a small bowl stir together honey and apple cider vinegar. Drizzle carrots with honey mixture and toss well to evenly coat. Return to oven and roast about 10 to 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven, toss again and sprinkle with fresh parsley and thyme. Serve warm.
- *Thicker carrots are preferred. If thin reduce roasting time as needed.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy