Have guys you tried lasagna soup yet? I hadn’t tried it until just recently, and now it’s a family favorite. It’s become a regular dinner entree for us, and once you’ve made it you will definitely understand why. This recipe uses basic ingredients, it is simple to prepare and it’s nearly guaranteed to to be thoroughly enjoyed. This is lasagna in soup form.
Today I’ve made this soup featuring two ingredients that many of you already have in your kitchen, KRAFT Parmesan Cheese and HUNT’S Diced Tomatoes. These two products are authentic recipe staples that have a flavorful kick! When these two items come together, you know incredible things are going to happen. Not only are they both delicious but they are both so convenient. They cut out a lot of prep work (like boiling, peeling and dicing tomatoes and grating a wedge of parmesan cheese) without cutting out flavor.
I love that the HUNT’S tomatoes are 100% natural tomatoes that are flashed steamed and not treated with harsh chemicals. The flash steaming seems to help them retain as much as of that fresh, vibrant flavor as possible. HUNT’S Diced Tomatoes really are better than the other brands I’ve tried.
KRAFT Parmesan cheese, well we all know and love the stuff, right? It’s what Mom used, it’s what Grandma used. KRAFT uses only 100% grated parmesan in their cheese which gives this soup the perfect, flavorful, finishing touch it needs.
If you are looking for an exciting recipe everyone will love, I highly recommend trying out this soup. Enjoy!
Lasagna Soup featuring Kraft Parmesan and Hunt’s Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion , diced (2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves , to taste, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can HUNT'S Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 Tbsp HUNT'S Tomato Paste
- 1 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary , crushed
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds , crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley , plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 8 lasagna noodles , broken into bite size pieces (6.5 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded KRAFT Mozzarella Cheese (5 oz)
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese (2 oz)
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, crumble beef into pot, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Drain majority of fat from beef and set aside. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in pot, add chopped yellow onion and saute until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 30 seconds longer. Add in chicken broth, HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes, HUNT'S Crushed Tomatoes, HUNT's Tomato Paste, basil, oregano, rosemary, fennel seeds, thyme, parsley, the cooked ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare lasagna noodles according to directions listed on package (don't overly salt the water as some of the water will be added to the soup later). Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta.
- Add cooked pasta to soup along with 1/2 cup - 1 cup pasta water as desired. In a mixing bowl, using a fork, stir together KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese with ricotta cheese.
- Ladle soup into bowls, dollop each serving with a large scoop of the cheese mixture, sprinkle KRAFT shredded Mozzarella Cheese and chopped parsley. Serve warm.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
I am working in partnership with the KRAFT brand and I am receiving compensation for my participation in this campaign. All thoughts/opinions are 100% my own.