Tired of the same old plain Rice Krispie Treats? Well, really who could ever get tired of those, but these, you must try. I was craving something with lavender but I didn’t have a lot of time to bake something, so I decided to add it to one of my favorite quick treats. I often forget to pair simple with the sophisticated and these are just my idea of such.
Usually when I make Rice Krispie Treats, I will always save a spoonful of the warm mixture in the pan after I’ve poured it into the baking dish. It’s the highlight of Rice Krispie Treats – that stretchy, stringy, buttery marshmallow mixture. It’s so dreamy. This time around, I loved these so much I think I saved about half the pan in there for me to eat warm :). I think another delicious variation on these would be to add lemon zest or lemon extract in place of the vanilla beans. Lavender and lemon is another amazing combination. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup salted butter, diced into 1 tbsp pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp dried culinary lavender, finely chopped
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean I sell them!
- 1 (10 oz) bag miniature marshmallows (I like to toss in another cup if I have more)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt butter along with lavender and vanilla bean seeds in a large non-stick saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and fold in Rice Krispies cereal. Spread into a buttered 9 by 9-inch baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature until set, about 20 - 30 minutes, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted lightly from the original Rice Krispies Treats