So, I thought This Two Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Dip would forever be my favorite, well things have changed. I think it’s safe to say I like this one even more. It just has more flavor and pizzazz to it. You will eat this stuff until the bowl is empty. I was eating it by the spoonful it was so good! Forget the fruit, just give me a bowl of this dip :). I would recommend serving this with strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, you’ll love the way it pairs with each of those fruits.
The name for this dip might be a little deceiving, I didn’t really know what to call it. It contains no cream, but it has cream cheese and marshmallow creme so I thought it had it needed cream in the title somewhere just so you could get an idea of just how amazingly creamy and delicious it is. This dip is so incredibly easy to make, it requires only 4 ingredients (I’m counting zest and lemon juice as one since it comes from the same lemon) and if you don’t want to purchase the lemon extract you could probably narrow that down to three ingredients (although I’d highly recommend the lemon extract just because it gives it one more layer of lemon flavor. You could probably just up the amount of zest a bit if you don’t want to buy it but I just love how potent the extract is. Just a few drops can go a long way).
Trust me, you need to keep this recipe on hand this summer (and always for that matter). I don’t know of anyone who wouldn’t absolutely love it! Even my brother who wants nothing to do with sweets and dessert loved it. Yes, just that good!
Lemon Cream Fruit Dip
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 (7 oz) container marshmallow creme
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip together cream cheese and lemon zest until cream cheese is smooth. Mix in lemon juice lemon, lemon extract and marshmallow cream. Cover and refrigerate until chilled through, about 1 hour (you can do a speed chill, by freezing and stirring occasionally until mixture is cold). Serve cold with strawberries or other fruit of choice.
- Recipe Source: adapted from this Two Ingredient Fruit Dip