I made this for lunch and wasn’t planning on sharing, but it was too good not to. I found the recipe from Damn Delicious (Thanks Chung-Ah for the recipe!). I made a few minor changes that I’m sure aren’t necessary, I always just like to add a little of this and that so I couldn’t resist. The agave is simply because mayonnaise contains sugar so since the mayo is greatly reduced in this recipe from the norm, I decided to add in a little sweetness to give it a similar very lightly sweet flavor. I also removed some of the egg yolks to make it a bit lighter. I’m telling you this is delicious and it’s so much healthier then its mayo coated competitor. Egg salad is a perfect lunch option but with all the calories it normally comes with I hardly ever make it. Now that I’ve found this lighter version I’ll be making it all the time! This coating would also be delicious over a potato salad. If you like egg salad then you’re going to want to try this recipe. Enjoy!
- 10 large eggs, hard boiled, cooled, 4 yolks removed (and discarded), dice remaining
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place diced eggs in a mixing bowl. In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over diced eggs and toss to evenly coat. Serve on bread, layered with tomatoes, avocados and spinach if desired.
- Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Damn Delicious and The Yummy Life