The countdown continues, only 4 days until Christmas! If you are a last minute planner this recipe will come in so handy for you. You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to make this Microwave Peanut Brittle (just check out the step-by-step photos below the recipe and you’ll see)! Not only that but it has the perfect texture and it tastes delicious! No one will even know you made it in the microwave. It will make a perfect last minute gift for that friend or neighbor on you list, or for yourself of course :)!
If you like your peanut brittle to have more of the meltaway effect, I like to spread as little as possible so it’s light and crisp. If you like it more of the traditional way just spread it out thin. Either way you are going to love this!
Merry Christmas week everyone!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Generously butter a cookie sheet. In a 2-quart (8 cup) glass mixing bowl, using a spoon, stir together granulated sugar and corn syrup. Microwave mixture on HIGH power 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts and salt, microwave on HIGH power 3 1/2 minutes.
- Mix in butter and vanilla extract, stirring until butter is melted. Microwave on HIGH power 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda (mixture will become fluffy and foamy). Pour and and lightly spread out onto prepared baking sheet (note that the less you spread the lighter the brittle will be, or more air bubbles it will have, so if you prefer it like so then do as little spreading as possible. If you prefer it flatter then spread it out thin).
- Allow to cool at room temperature then break into pieces once set.
- Recipe source: adapted from allrecipes.com
Cook times may vary slightly depending on microwave wattage. Watch for a golden brown color near the end.