Looking for the easiest pumpkin pie you’ll ever make? Look no further because I’m pretty sure this one takes the cake, or pie for that matter. This Turtle Pumpkin Pie is not only incredibly easy to make, but it is so creamy and delicious! This pie has gotten so many rave reviews, see for yourself over at KraftRecipes.com. Try it and it may just become a yearly tradition for your family.
One thing I love about this recipe is that it is so straightforward and simple that my kids can help me make it, and even better, they can do most of the work. Pies can be complicated and full of far too many steps, and with that said, there usually isn’t much my kids can help me with when I’m making them. Not the case here however. This pie couldn’t get any easier! Holidays are about being together and spending time with one another but sometimes we get caught up in everything and forget about the little things, like making a simple dessert with our kids. I love how proud my kids are when they’ve helped with part of the meal and how excited they get to serve it to everyone while letting them know they helped make it.
You won’t believe that such minimal prep could yield such tasty results. It tastes just like pumpkin pie but with a lighter and fluffier texture and it requires no baking (thanks to the JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding which sets the pie)! One of my favorite pies growing up was much like this one but it was a chocolate version and actually only had 3 ingredients. All it contains is a store-bought graham cracker pie crust or chocolate cookie pie crust, COOL WHIP Topping and a giant chocolate bar (which was melted and creamed with COOL WHIP Topping. I used the same recipe as this one here if you want to try that pie too). Now about the Turtle Pumpkin Pie recipe, the caramel and pumpkin in this pie go together like no other. It is one of my favorite fall flavor combinations, then when you add fall spices and crunchy PLANTERS Pecans to the mix, amazing things happen. My whole family loved this pie and I’m quite certain your family will too! It’s so good you can’t wait to share it! Holiday hit right here.
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 (6oz) ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp chopped PLANTERS Pecans, divided
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- Pour 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce onto bottom of pie crust and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans evenly over caramel layer. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (both packets), milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the COOL WHIP Topping. Chill pie in refrigerator 1 hour. Top with remaining COOL WHIP Topping, caramel sauce and pecans just before serving. Recipe source: KRAFT