I love dinners where everything is cooked or baked together in one pan. And ever since this One Sheet Pan Parmesan Crusted Salmon I’ve thought up so many different version I’d like to try, a few that I’ve gotten around too like this One Pan Chicken Parmesan with Roasted Zucchini. It means less clean up and it’s just easier to serve that way. This one pan chicken dinner is a fall version that’s filled with brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, apples, bacon, shallots and chicken covered with poultry herbs. You should be able to buy all the herbs in one packet labeled as poultry herbs. If not dry would also work here, just use 1/3 the amounts listed.
It’s more of a grown up meal so I think this one will take some getting used to for my kids, brussels sprouts are just one of those things that most kids hate, but I totally loved this meal! It was easy to throw together and I had hardly any dishes to clean when everything was done! Even the bacon just cooks along with everything else. I could use so many more meals like this in my life! Especially for those nights where I just don’t feel like doing a whole lot for dinner, then I won’t just turn to ordering pizza and instead have a dinner that actually has some nutritional value. And this is the perfect use for those fruits and veggies in season right now.Enjoy!
- 4 - 5 (6 - 7 oz) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled if desired), chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag, add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer then set chicken over veggie/fruit mixture. Sprinkle bacon (separate any pieces that stick together) evenly over veggie/fruit mixture. Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes (chicken should register 165 in center). Broil during last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired. Sprinkle with more herbs and serve immediately.
- Recipe source: inspired by Buzzfeed