Don’t we all get in those dinner ruts sometimes? Especially during the busy weeknights when we don’t have a lot of time to make something but we are tired of making the same things again and again. I know we all have our quick weeknight staples but I’m working on expanding my list to add some more versatility to the rotation. And that is where this hearty and comforting One Pan Creamy Parmesan Linguine with Shrimp comes in. It’s super quick and easy (it can easily be ready in 20 minutes), it doesn’t call for a long list of ingredients, it’s cooked in one pan so clean up is a breeze, and of course it’s creamy and completely delicious (this is basically a Fettuccine Alfredo just not quite as heavy)! Happy people all around here. This one is likely to become a new weeknight staple!
So what makes this so quick and easy? Well the shrimp can cook in a number of minutes and the second thing is the Barilla Pronto Linguine I used in this recipe. I used to be skeptical of one pot pastas fearing the noodles would turn out mushy where usually they’re thrown into water without boiling first. Not the case though with the Barilla Pronto pastas. If you haven’t tried them I’d definitely recommend you do! I think that just as I was, you’ll be happily surprised by the end result and of course pleased with the time they saved. Plus, the more concentrated starchy water they yield works wonders for this sauce.
Don’t shrimp and pasta just go together? The shrimp not only adds wonderful flavor but it’s an excellent source of lean protein and they are a good source of nutrients such as selenium, vitamin B12 and phosphorous. And of course shrimp pairs perfectly with the flavor of the Parmesan in this pasta sauce (but what that matter? Parmesan on everything!). If you would like more info on the benefits of shrimp, check out The Shrimp Council.
Try this easy linguine recipe out soon, your weeknights will thank you! Less time in the kitchen and more time to relax and catch up on your favorite shows.
One Pan Creamy Parmesan Linguine with Shrimp
- 1 lb medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp butter , divided
- 3 cloves , minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half and half* , then more to thin if needed
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. Barilla Pronto Linguine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded parmesan
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until opaque and cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a piece of foil and wrap to keep warm.
- Return saute pan to medium heat and melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Add garlic and saute 20 seconds or until slightly golden. Add water, 1 cup half and half, linguine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Allow to boil, stirring frequently until noodles have reached desired doneness, about 10 minutes (there should be some excess liquid, this will be the sauce). Remove from heat, add in parmesan and stir until it has melted (it may appear to clump up at first but should melt after a bit of stirring). Thin with more half and half if needed (as it sits it will thicken). Toss in shrimp and sprinkle parsley over top. Serve warm.
- *You can substitute equal parts milk and whipping cream/heavy cream here if needed.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy