Oranges and cream is such a dreamy combination isn’t it? I love orange creamsicles and last week I made a recipe for Oranges and Cream Cookies so I wanted to create another recipe for people to have a second use for the orange extract if you purchased it. Everyone loves this popcorn. It would be a great snack for parties, movie night or the upcoming super bowl. I played around with the recipe, the first time I made it I did an alternate method which you can find at the bottom of the recipe. It dried after a while whereas the listed recipe didn’t. It stayed nice and sticky, which I prefer. Both ways were delicious so take your pick but either way I hope you try this recipe =). This recipe makes a ton of popcorn so be prepared to share.
Also, check out Sweet as Sugar Cookies, sweets for saturday. It’s a great blog!
Orange Creamsicle Popcorn
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn kernals
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Pop popcorn into two very large mixing bowls, set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, cream, sugar, salt and orange zest. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil mixture one and a half minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add in marshmallows and stir until melted. Mix in orange extract. Divide warm mixture evenly over two bowls of popcorn and toss with a spatula to coat. Allow to rest 20 minutes to set.
For an alternate method
- I have also made this popcorn in a dry version. Omit the cream, then when you stir in marshmallows also stir in 1/3 cup white chocolate chips.