Welcome to the randomness of my food blog! Muffins one day, sliders the next, black bean soup after that and this Parmesan Roasted Asparagus to finish off that week of no correlation :). I would love to be more organized and share coordinating entrees, sides and so forth – but I’m terribly unplanned and unorganized. And so who knows what you’ll find here next, maybe donuts. Donuts are always good.
I don’t share a whole lot of side dish recipes here because to be honest the side dish recipes around my house usually consist of usually 1 to 3 ingredients, like steamed veggies or veggies and an upgrade of browned butter (yep, going all out with that lol). I put most of my efforts into the main dish because I don’t usually have a lot of time to make a big meal, especially on weeknights. So, with that said here is a super easy side dish recipe that you can prepare and have ready in no time! And really the garlic and lemons are optional so if you want to narrow down ingredients to make it super simple go right ahead.
Many of you have likely already tried this or something similar but if you haven’t then make it…like right now. Roasted veggies are my FAVORITE! The depth of flavor that shines through from roasting veggies just can’t be found from any other method of cooking (well except maybe grilling, but still there’s a different more charred flavor profile there). Basically this side dish will outshine your main dish and everyone will want a double serving! This asparagus is so irresistibly good (yes, I just used the word irresistible with a vegetable), and of course asparagus is so good for you so eat up!
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs asparagus (use thick spears), tough bottom ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges , for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, using a spoon stir together garlic and olive oil while pressing garlic against sides of bowl to extract some of the juices to infuse oil with flavor. Place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet in a mound then pour garlic mixture over top and toss and rub spears to evenly coat. Spread into a single layer on baking sheet (place a row horizontally and couple rows vertically to fit them all if needed), sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 15 minutes then remove from oven, sprinkle cheese evenly over top and return to oven and roast 1 minute longer, or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately with lemon wedges for spritzing.