Since oat smoothies are what I’ve been eating for breakfast ninty-five percent of the time, I thought I’d share another oat smoothie recipe. This one is just as good as you’d imagine it to be. It’s like a healthier peaches and cream smoothie and it’s for breakfast! Once you start making oat smoothies you’ll see why I’ve converted. They are so quick to prepare, they are healthy and they keep me full until lunch rolls around. I also love that my kids are crazy about them too. It’s a good way to pack some vitamins in to start their day.
The oat smoothie is so versatile, like this recipe for example you can use your favorite kind of milk (although if using dairy milk, you’ll likely have to add a little sweetener like honey or agave since the original/coconut almond milks, soy and rice milk tend to be a little sweeter), you can switch out different flavors of yogurt (with this one I’ve tried mango and peach and love both, but like I listed in the recipe strawberry or coconut would also be excellent choices). I’ve also made it with 2 cups of peaches but I did add another 1/4 cup of water to thin it out a bit. Just be sure you use a very spotted banana because that is the key source of sweetness for this smoothie. Enjoy!
Peach & Oat Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced , frozen peaches
- 1 cup almond coconut milk blend or original almond milk
- 1 (5.3 oz) greek yogurt - mango, peach, strawberry or coconut
- 1 very ripe banana , peeled and frozen
- 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned or quick, either are fine)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until well pureed. Serve immediately.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy