Are you ready for the easiest granola recipe of your life? Seriously, I don’t know if granola gets any easier than this! This is not only the easiest granola I’ve ever made but it baked faster than any granola I’ve made. It’s flavors are simple but sometimes that’s just what we need, especially for breakfast. If you want one more layer of flavor you can add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, but personally I don’t think it needs it.
I made a few batches of this trying to get the recipe right. I tried to do a 3-ingredient granola on the first attempt. While it was good, with the lack of brown sugar it just didn’t have enough crunch. So, attempt two I added in brown sugar and not only did it give it a little crunch but it added a nice flavor too.
This is a healthy and kid friendly recipe, it is one the whole family can enjoy. With how easy it is to make and the fact that it uses basic pantry staples that you likely always have, this might just become a regular in your home. Serve it with almond milk or Greek yogurt and some fresh fruit and you’ve got a breakfast worth waking up for. Enjoy!
(Note that this is a double recipe pictured)
Peanut Butter Granola (4 Ingredients!)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pour oats into a mixing bowl, set aside. In a microwave safe mixing bowl (or it can also be melted in a saucepan), combine peanut butter, honey and brown sugar and heat mixture in microwave until runny and smooth, about 25 seconds. Pour mixture over oats in mixing bowl and toss mixture with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet into an even layer and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 18 - 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking. Allow to cool completely (it wont be crunchy until it cools) and store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: inspired by Peanut Butter Fingers