You can never have too many rice krispie treat recipes – especially when they are as good as these are! These Pretzel, Kettle Chip and Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are an indulgent, over-the-top rice krispie treat and they’ll leave you craving more! I just can’t get enough of that salty-sweet combination and I love the finishing touch of an added layer of chocolate…and sprinkles because you just can’t go wrong with sprinkles.
Just like any other rice krispie treat these are quick and easy to make. The other great thing about these is that they make for a simple treat to make for any holiday. They are a fun change from your normal Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving dinner treats. We all love a slice of pie but on thanksgiving I like to have two desserts so these are the perfect second addition to finish off the meal. Or better yet, serve these for Friendsgiving and pie on Thanksgiving! These are also a great treat to give for the holidays because everyone will already be getting an overload of cookies so these are perfect to switch things up a bit.
Of course I made these with my favorite chips – Kettle Brand Chips! Kettle Brand Chips are available in a variety of delicious flavors and it’s nice knowing they’re made with non-GMO ingredients. They have the most irresistible crunch, the perfect amount of salt, and simply put they just have an unbeatable flavor. I’ve tried other brands and these Sea Salt Flavor Kettle Brand Chips always holds the top stop as the best in my book! Kettle chips are one of my go to indulgences – because we all need to treat ourselves sometimes don’t you think? Try them in this recipe, you’ll love this crunchy, salty addition and it’s a match just meant to be when you pair it with that crowning layer of chocolate!
Also be sure to check out the Kettle Uprooted Chips with fun new varieties like Sweet Potato Pie, Sweet Potato with Sea Salt, Chipotle Honey Sweet Potato, and Sweet Potato Beets and Parsnips they’re purely delicious (and I’ve never even liked beets, but in crispy, crunchy, salty form – yes please)!
Also, as we are with friends and family sharing such great food, we can think of those who aren’t as fortunate. This year, your Friendsgiving can help feed kids in need. Join Kettle Brand and sign up to host a Friendsgiving for No Kid Hungry and you can do some serious good this holiday season.
- 6 1/2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups Kettle Brand Sea Salt Kettle Chips, crushed to smaller pieces*
- 1 1/2 cups broken pretzel sticks (break into pieces about 1/2-inch)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (16 oz) bag large or mini marshmallows
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips or chocolate melts
- Multi-color sprinkles (optional)
- Add rice krispies cereal, kettle chips and pretzels to a large mixing bowl and set aside. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pot over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and cook and stir constantly until marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat. Pour rice krispies cereal mixture into marshmallow mixture and gently stir and toss with a spatula to evenly coat. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Spread and gently press mixture into an even layer in pan using spatula.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until melted and smooth. Pour and spread chocolate evenly over rice krispie treats. Sprinkle evenly with sprinkles if desired. Let chocolate set in refrigerator, then return to room temperature to rest (so the treats aren't cold). Cut into squares and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- *Sometimes the Kettle Chips are larger than others so if they seem larger you can measure out an extra cup because the bigger ones will measure differently - you should get about 1 cup crushed chips. They don't need to be crushed too small, just enough that they are small pieces.