Since I’ve already posted two recipes for a single cookie (one chocolate chip cookie and one 3-ingredient peanut butter cookie) I decided why not keep a good thing going and share a recipe for one single oatmeal cookie! We’ve got to try them all in single batch form, right?
These cookies are moist and chewy and they are simply one of the best oatmeal cookies I’ve ever made or had (from bakeries included). I was so surprised that such a simple recipe could yield such fantastic results! This is definitely a recipe I’m going to hang on to for the days when I get a cookie craving but don’t want to take the time to make a full batch + have a huge mess in my kitchen.
I was intending on adding vanilla extract to this but forgot the second time around and I didn’t really notice, it just left room for the cinnamon to shine. So if you want to, add it, if you don’t, I don’t think it’s needed and it keeps the ingredient list down for this simple recipe.
Since these cookies are totally about texture, let’s take a closer look.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup (scant) packed light-brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp whisked egg*
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp raisins (or 3 Tbsp chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts (optional, chop small)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave on HIGH power until almost fully melted. Add brown sugar, 1 Tbsp egg, flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to melted butter. Stir until well blended (it will seem dry at first but it will start to come together). Add raisins and nuts and mix.
- Shape dough into a 3 1/2-inch disk on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 13 - 15 minutes until edges are golden but center is still soft. Cool slightly and enjoy!
- *To get this, just crack an egg into a bowl and whisk until well blended, then measure out 1 Tbsp. Reserve remainder in refrigerator for another use.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy