Today I am thrilled to be sharing with you one of my all time favorite kitchen appliances – this Magimix 16-cup food processor! This is honestly in my top two favorite kitchen appliances, you’ve never seen a food processor like it! When we’re talking food processors, this thing is the best of the best, the top of the line. It really just doesn’t get any better. The way it minces, mixes, purees, kneads, shreds, dices etc. is exactly what you look for in a food processor. It gets the job done efficiently and it gets the job done right. This is a kitchen appliance that I highly recommend, it is well worth the investment.
The Magixmix food processors have an incredibly powerful yet incredibly quiet motor. The motor also automatically adjusts power and speed based on what’s being processed. I love that this model specifically comes with three different bowls, so if you need to processes multiple batches of different ingredients you don’t have to stop and wash out bowls, you can just switch to the next size. Another thing I love about this is the quality of everything included, this thing was built to last and last it shall (it comes with a 30 year motor guarantee, yes 30 YEARS. I can only image how many things I can make in that time with peace of mind!). I was also so impressed with how many different accessories are included, and how many more attachments you can purchase to use with it.
The great thing about Magimix food processors is that this is a product that they’ve been working on perfecting since 1971 (you can read more on their product history HERE). Their company (Robot Coupe) invented and launched the very first domestic food processor. That history alone gives me assurance of the value of this product.
To read more about Magimix food processors you can follow the link HERE or to purchase one for yourself you can purchase them HERE… AND TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN ONE OF YOUR OWN, BE SURE TO ENTER BY FOLLOWING THE PROMPTS ON THE RAFFLECOPTER THAT LOADS BELOW. GOOD LUCK!!!
I used my Magimix food processor today to make this unbelievably delicious and highly addictive roasted garlic hummus. I can’t even begin to express to you how much I love this hummus! To get an idea of how much I love roasted garlic, when we go out to eat at Italian restaurants much of the time I’ll ask for a side of roasted garlic (to either toss into the pasta or eat all it’s own). Then every now and then at home I will just get the craving for it in the middle of the day out of now where, so I toss one in the oven to eat for a snack. Some of you may be thinking thats a little extreme but to me, not at all. It’s a flavor that is just incomparable. So, when I combine that with another of my favorite things, a creamy and smooth hummus, we know good things are destined to happen, right?
I’ve lived on it for lunch with fresh veggies the past two days. It went fast around here, so two batches were made in two days. And I’m thinking another batch needs to be made again this weekend (and I might even add more garlic because I’m a little obsessed). I just can’t get enough of this hummus.
You have to make it, that’s all I can say :). Enjoy, and again, don’t forget to enter the Magimix Food Processor GIVEAWAY below!!
- 1 large head garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 - 3 Tbsp water
- Chopped fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut about 1/4-inch from top of garlic to expose tops of cloves. Place garlic head on a sheet of foil and drizzle 1 1/2 tsp olive oil evenly over top of garlic. Wrap foil up around garlic and roast 35 - 45 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To a food processor add chick peas, lemon juice, tahini, salt and cumin then pulse mixture 2 minutes. Scrape down sides and bottom of food processor, add remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, set aside 3 - 4 cloves of the garlic and add remaining (about 10 - 11) to food processor. Pulse 1 minute, then add water (I used 3 Tbsp but if you like it thicker you may want to use 2) and pulse 1 - 2 minutes longer.
- Plate hummus, make indentation in center and add 1 - 2 Tbsp more olive oil to taste (optional), then chop remaining roasted garlic cloves and sprinkle over top, sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve with fresh veggies or pita chips. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
This post is sponsored by Magimix by Robot Coup. I received a food processor to review, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.