Chocolate lovers take note, this Rocky Road Fudge Bites is a fudge you simply must try! It is melt-in-your-mouth delicious and it’s unbelievably simple to make! It requires minimal ingredients and it doesn’t even require any cooking on a stovetop. The mixture is melted in the microwave so this can be prepared in 15 minutes! That holiday treats list of yours just got a whole lot easier, right?
I made these this past weekend for my family who was visiting during the Thanksgiving holiday and you wouldn’t believe how quickly they disappeared. They were loved by both young and old alike, and trust me these were some picky eating kids who had these and fully approved with chocolate covered smiles on their faces. I myself was sad they disappeared so quickly because I have a major weakness for good fudge (and always have), but lucky for me they were a breeze to throw together so I can make them again at any time without dreading a lengthy recipe and excessive clean up.
One thing I love about this recipe is the texture of this fudge. The texture of a fudge is up there in the two most important factors. If you ask me, flavor and texture are key. This fudge is soft and moist and deliciously chocolatey. The flavor and texture are amazing thanks to both the BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate and the JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding they contain. It may seem strange, I myself was thinking “pudding in fudge?” But, if you think about it and think of those cakes or cookies you’ve added a JELL-O Pudding mix to and the wonders it can achieve, then it only makes sense that it could work those same wonders in fudge.
You simply won’t be able to get enough of the rocky road flavor combination of this fudge! I love the light saltiness the nuts add to the proud yet gentle flavor of the marshmallows resting on top. They perfectly enhance this fudge and make this one you’re not going to forget. How lucky your neighbors, friends or family would be to be gifted a box or plateful of these simple yet oh so decadent Rocky Road Fudge Bites! Who wouldn’t be ecstatic about these and could anyone resist? Things like this are the best parts of the holidays, am I right or am I right :)? Chocolate just has a way with us doesn’t it? And this fudge proves that. You don’t want to miss out on this one! It’s so good, you can’t wait to share it!
- 2 (4 oz.) pkgs. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (3.9 oz) pkg. JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/3 cup PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts
- LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Microwave half the chocolate, 6 Tbsp. butter and water in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted; stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- ADD dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until blended. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- MICROWAVE remaining chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl 1-1/2 min. or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Spread over fudge layer in pan; sprinkle with marshmallows and nuts. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares.
- Recipe source: recipe from Kraft