Let me just start out by saying you neeeed this dip in your life! I’ve actually never made a smoked salmon dip before but now that I’ve tried this one I know this is the only smoked salmon dip recipe I need! This Seattle Smoked Salmon dip is packed with so many delicious flavors that all come together so well, with just one taste you’ll be smitten! It’s flavors are reminiscent to a holiday cheeseball but made just that much better with the depth of flavor from the smoked salmon and the McCormick Guacamole seasoning in it! Plus this dip is creamier and not so thick that you break cracker after cracker as with most cheeseballs.
What better time to make this crave-worthy dip than during football season? Now that the holidays are over it seems like all the fun went with them but having football games to cheer for, of course which are paired with plenty of good party foods, gives families and friends something to look forward to during such a drab month.
This rich and cheesy dip is a perfect halftime snack for Saturdays upcoming game against Seattle vs. Detriot. And as a matter of fact McCormick has teamed me up against another food blogger representing the opposing team – one of my best blogging friends, Averie Sunshine from Averie Cooks! Averie has made a simple yet delicious looking Motor Coney Dip to represent Detroits team (I can’t wait to try that one too)! Which of our teams will win? Guess we’ll find out Saturday. Make the dip for which ever team you’re rooting for. Also check out the other 50 dips for 50 States McCormick has created to raise your football game. I love how each dip is themed after a food from a city in each state, so fun! And there’s just too many to choose from, that’s a whole lotta dipping goodness to try!
Update! Last week my Seattle-themed dip was victorious! This week, I am going head-to-head with Averie from Averie Cooks and her Atlanta-themed dip “Sweet Georgia Peach and Pecan Dip.” Pair with my dip and you’ve got two perfect appetizers for the Seattle vs. Atlanta game!
Seattle Smoked Salmon Dip
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pkg. McCormick Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- 1 - 2 Tbsp milk , as needed
- 4 oz . smoked salmon , skin and bones removed, flaked
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions , plus more for topping
- In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and seasoning mix then blend to combined. Mix in enough milk to reach desired consistency. Fold in salmon and green onions. Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with more green onions and serve with crackers or crusty baguette slices.
- Recipe source: adapted from McCormick
This post is sponsored by McCormick, however all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands I love which helps to keep this blog going :).