I love potato hash type recipes so I decided to convert a classic skillet recipe into this Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage, Potato and Pepper Hash. It’s seriously easy and of course seriously delicious! It requires minimal prep and very little clean up. I love the flavor blend here with the potatoes, peppers, smoked turkey sausage and onions so I kept the seasonings pretty mild. I just added garlic powder, thyme and parsley so the main ingredients, like that flavorful smoked turkey sausage, can really shine.
I recommend using a dark sheet pan for this recipe (and many other recipes where you’ll be roasting veggies and other things) because it helps brown the veggies more. I used to be against dark cookie sheets because when you bake with them they tend to burn the bottoms of cookies but they work great for savory recipes. If you don’t have one that’s okay, the recipe will still turn out well – you may just want to broil everything during the last few minutes to get some golden brown color in there. It really adds a nice depth of flavor.
With this recipe the main thing is roasting in stages (as listed in the recipe). The potatoes and onions will be roasted first since they need the most cooking time, then add the peppers and sausage later on since the sausage is already fully cooked and the peppers only take about 15 minutes until they are perfectly cooked.
I hope you love this easy meal! Serve it up for breakfast or dinner, either way it should be a hit!
Sheet Pan Turkey Sausage, Potato and Pepper Hash
- 1 1/2 lbs small yukon gold potatoes , halved and diced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 small yellow onion or 1/2 large , peeled and diced into chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz . fully cooked smoked turkey sausage sliced into rounds about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 bell peppers , cored and diced into 1-inch pieces*
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl toss potatoes and onions (try to leave onions in chunks) with olive oil, thyme, garlic powder and season lightly with salt (the sausage is pretty salt so you don't need to add a ton of salt to this dish) and pepper. Pour and spread into an even layer onto prepared baking dish. Roasted in preheated oven 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven (at this point there should be a little excess oil on the baking sheet if not you can drizzle over another 1 Tbsp), add sliced sausage and bell peppers and toss everything. Return to oven and continue to roast until peppers are tender and sausage has heated through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
- *I used 2/3 of a red, orange and green but if you only want to buy two used 1 red and 1 green.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy