Yields 14 servings, unless you’re me. Okay I guess the servings wont change but I’ll just help myself to four :). I’m slightly obsessed with s’mores, I crave them all year round. I hear people say they’ve never tried a real s’more, you know, the type where you go out into the wide open mountainous wilderness, light a blazing campfire under a gentle breezy, starlight sky and then you wait for the mesmerizing flames to die down to hot coals, and that is when you slowly rotate and toast a perfectly soft vanilla marshmallow to golden brown perfection and sandwich it between two crunchy honey grahams along with a square of milk chocolate. And the moment you’ve been waiting for, you get to either shove it all in your face or slowly savor each and every bite…and then proceed to make another. I never stop until my stomach starts to hurt with those things. S’mores probs people, s’mores probs.
So, middle of winter stuck in the house what’s a woman to do? I either toast them over my stove top or find recipes like these that taste just like a s’more but don’t require a campfire to get all those flavors. This is going to be one of my go to dip recipes, it may be challenging to get it to look pretty but this time around I don’t care about appearance. It’s all about the melty chocolate and that gooey marshmallow goodness! And did I mention this dip only requires three ingredients and a few minutes prep? Oh yes, three decadent ingredients all melted and marbled together!
Just a word of advice, don’t make this if you are home alone. You’ll quickly lose track of how much you ate and before you know it half the bowl might be gone. It is just that good!
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- Add chocolate chips and condensed milk to a medium microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave on HIGH power, in 30 second increments, stirring between intervals, until melted and smooth (at this point I thinned mine out with a few tablespoons of hot water so it wasn't so thick and so it stayed a nice dip-able consistency longer). Pour into a wide and shallow serving bowl or pie plate.
- Dollop tablespoons of the marshmallow cream over chocolate mixture, heat in microwave about 20 seconds longer until marshmallow has melted, then remove and using a sharp knife, swirl marshmallow into dip. (Alternately you can scoop marshmallow cream into a small microwave safe bowl and heat until it melts, about 15 - 20 seconds, then stir and scoop small spoonfuls randomly over top of chocolate mixture and swirl). Serve with graham crackers and optional strawberries.
- Recipe source: adapted from Pillsbury