Have you tried homemade hummus yet? Hummus is one of my go to snacks and I love how incredibly versatile it is and how easy it is to make, and homemade hummus is so much better and definitely fresher than store-bought! And now that you can make it in the Blendtec Twister Jar there’s no need to buy it store bought again! The Blendtec Twister Jar had my hummus blended up in under 1 minute, yes the fastest I’ve ever been able to blend up a smooth hummus no doubt! I absolutely love my Blendtec Blender and Twister Jar! We use our Blendtec Blender so much it just stays on the counter, never to be put away. And I love the Twister Jar attachment because it can blend up all those things that are too thick for a blender, like an ice cream shake, nut butters, pesto, batters, hummus like so, and the others I want to try next – pizza dough and spinach pasta. It can even grind up dry ingredients like flaxseed or graham crackers or toasted bread to get crumbs. Then one you might like during the holidays – it can grind up peppermint candies into little bits which you can sprinkle over you favorite holiday cakes and cookies or sprinkle into hot cocoa.
We all need a good blender in a our kitchen, one that can actually get the job done right, and efficiently. I’ve been through so many blenders in my life until finally I got one of these and I’m set. This is the one. If you are looking to get a blender I highly highly recommend getting a Blendtec Blender, I absolutely love mine and I love the twister jar too! And since I love these two products so much I’VE TEAMED UP WITH BLENDTEC TO GIVEWAWAY A BLENTEC BLENDER AND TWISTER JAR TO ONE LUCKY READER, THATS OVER A $750 VALUE!!!! Simply follow the prompts in the Rafflecopter below to enter (it may take a minute to load so please be patient). GOOD LUCK!!!
Then as soon as you get your Blendtec Blender and Twister Jar attachment you can make this vibrantly delicious, slightly spicy, slightly smokey hummus for a healthy midday snack or side to your lunch. It’s a great way to get more veggies in your diet, I can eat loads of veggies when I’ve got a good dip to pair them with and I’m crazy about this one! It’s Mediterranean meets Mexican and it’s a crave-worthy hummus you’ll want to make again and again!
This hummus is fairly spicy, if you love spicy though you may want to add more of the adobo sauce and chilies (which I just kept adding over the top of my hummus because I love spicy, not everyone in my family does though. If you want it more mild just add less of the adobo and peppers). Then if you want it pretty garlicky go with two cloves in this recipe.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 Tbsp minced chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro, for garnish
- To a Blendtec Twister Jar add 3 Tbsp reserved liquid from chick pea can, lime juice, olive oil, tahini, adobo sauce (I added this later but I think it would be best added with the other liquids), and garlic. Then add chick peas, chipotle chilies, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt. Cover with Twister lid (lid with paddles), then process (using Dips Cycle or on medium speed), while rotating lid counter clockwise, and adding an additional 1 Tbsp liquid as needed, until hummus is smooth. Plate and top with more olive oil, adobo sauce and chipotle chilies if desired, then sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or veggies. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This post is in partnership with Blendtec. I was given a Blendtec Blender and Twister Jar, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.