Have you tried any of the nine different varieties of the new Kraft Recipe Makers yet? I’m actually quite excited to share with you that I have, and I honestly loved it! My whole family loved it. I’m often skeptical about things that come in a package. I love to make things from scratch. When I make them at home I get to prepare and season it exactly as I like to. With these Kraft Recipe Makers you still can prepare things as you’d like but get to skip so many steps. Each package lists 3 recipes on the box, but why stick to those when you can come up with your own? You can add different proteins, toss in plenty of fresh veggies or add in fresh herbs. Or of course, when you are short on time, you could go with the recipe listed on the box and still have a wonderful meal you’ll be excited to serve your family.
With every package you will get two deliciously flavored sauces that are layered with exciting flavors. If you were to prepare something similar from scratch it would likely take an hour or two simmering to get such a depth of flavor, not to mention all that extra mess (I’m all about fewer dishes).
I’m going to recommend to you that the one you try first is this Sweet and Sour Chicken, because it is unbelievably good – especially over fried chicken. It tasted just as good as the one that I make from scratch (hard for me to admit, but true). I could taste all the key elements in the sauce that I love in a good sweet and sour sauce. I also loved KRAFT’s addition of sesame oil in this sauce. I hadn’t put it in mine before and I loved it in theirs. This sweet and sour chicken is (I’ve got to say, surprisingly) restaurant quality. A high quality dish in 30 minutes or fewer, yes please! As I was tossing all the ingredients together to finish the dish, my kids kept coming over asking to sample more because they loved it so much. It’s hard to find something that starts from a box that can please the whole family, but this definitely does. Enjoy!
Sweet and Sour Chicken with Kraft Recipe Makers
- 1 pkg (14.8 oz) KRAFT RECIPE MAKERS Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast , diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for frying + 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 green bell pepper , diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper , diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion , diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Prepared long-grain white rice or brown rice , for serving
- Pour vegetable oil into a large enameled cast iron pot, filling pot about 1 1/2 inches deep, and heat oil to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a shallow dish until well blended. Pour cornstarch into a separate shallow dish. Dip chicken pieces into egg followed by cornstarch and toss pieces to evenly coat in cornstarch, then carefully place 1/3 of the chicken pieces into preheated oil and cook for 5 - 7 minutes until golden, turning once during frying. Using a skimmer, remove fried chicken from oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined cookie sheet to drain excess oil. Repeat process with remaining chicken working in two more batches.
- In a large deep skillet, heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, red pepper and onion and sauté until slightly tender, about 3 - 4 minutes. Reduce heat slightly then pour in both KRAFT RECIPE MAKERS Sweet and Sour Chicken sauces and allow to cook until heated through, then add in fried chicken pieces and pineapple and toss mixture to evenly coat. Serve warm over white rice, sprinkled lightly with red pepper flakes if desired.
This post is sponsored by KRAFT but all opinions are my own.