I definitely have a thing for lettuce wraps lately. I shared these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps and this Almond Poppy Seed Chicken Salad (which I served lettuce wrap style) and I can’t help but keep a good thing going with these delicious Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps! I absolutely love them, they are so flavorful and perfect for serving any night of the week since they are easy to prepare.
The shortcut here is a perfectly flavorful, preservative-free, store-bought teriyaki sauce. I used to believe solely in homemade teriyaki sauce, then I tried Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce and my mind was changed. So of course, that is the teriyaki sauce of choice which I used here. I love that not only does it taste great but it’s made with real ingredients, so there’s no reason I wouldn’t want to use it! I know it will frequently by finding a spot for quick weeknight dinners this summer for grilled teriyaki chicken and I’m thinking some kind of noodle teriyaki stir fry is sounding amazing. Another thing I like about this label of teriyaki sauce is that it comes in different variations as well like Low-Sodium and Hawaiian Teriyaki. I love when I find a great product like this that makes those busy weeknights a little easier, without cutting out any flavor of course! You can find it in the asian aisle at Walmart stores.
If you aren’t into the lower carb stuff and aren’t a big fan of lettuce wraps, you can definitely just serve it over white or brown rice. It’s delicious both ways! And it’s packed with so much crunchy goodness – one of my favorite parts of a good lettuce wrap (here these include water chestnuts, tender-crisp bell peppers and carrots, crunchy cashews and crisp lettuce – bring on the crunch!).
Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless , skinless chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup sliced green onions , divided
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 red bell pepper , cored, seeded and diced
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- Romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves , for serving
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped unsalted cashews
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute 3 1/2 - 4 minutes, or until cooked through, tossing occasionally. Transfer chicken to a plate, add remaining oil and repeat with remaining chicken. While chicken is cooking, whisk together teriyaki sauce, water, cornstarch and honey, set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and 3/4 cup green onions and saute 20 seconds. Add bell pepper and water chestnuts and saute 2 minutes. Whisk sauce mixture once more and pour into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add chicken, leaving excess juices on plate, and carrots, toss and let warm through. Serve over lettuce leaves with remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Soy Vay. The opinions and text are all mine.