Looking for an simple something to take to a party that is guaranteed to be a hit? Or something just to treat yourself because it’s the weekend? Then go to the store and grab three ingredients (or just one if you are like me because you always just keep the brown sugar, cream cheese and apples on hand) because you really need to try this dip! You wouldn’t believe how unbelievably easy this is to make. Just like my recipe for Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip (this one here) this is a three ingredient 3 minute prep recipe. And let me tell you it is dangerous! My stomach hurts I ate so much, and that rarely happens for me because I’m always surrounded by an abundance of sweets so I have to have some self control, but I just seriously couldn’t resist this stuff. Toffee is one of my weaknesses. That crunch and the way it just dissolves in your mouth is so heavenly. Mix it with cream cheese and brown sugar and incredible things happen.
Really this isn’t a very pretty dip, my mom referred to it as “oatmeal” which is about accurate, but looks won’t matter once you taste it!
If you’d like to save some of the toffee for another use you really don’t need to use the entire bag. You can save 1/2 cup for another recipe if you’d like.
Keep this recipe on hand because you will want it for the upcoming busy holidays. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 (8 oz) package toffee bits
- In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip together cream cheese with brown sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute. Reserve 1 Tbsp toffee bits then fold in remainder. Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle top with remaining 1 toffee bits. Serve with apple slices. Best served day prepared. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted from Taste of Home