Tired of the same old chicken recipes all the time? I know I easily find myself there so I’m always on the look out for new exciting chicken recipes. We eat chicken more than any other type of meat/protein at my house. It’s healthy, it’s inexpensive and my whole family can agree on it. Also, it’s easy to jazz it up. Yes “jazz”, I don’t know if I’ve heard that word since the 90’s. But folks we’re jazzing up chicken today! All it takes are some basic ingredients you likely have on hand to create a dish that’s worthy of serving to guests.
I love all the flavors in this chicken and the way they all balance each other out. You get this perfectly crisp exterior, thanks to all the almonds and Panko breading. That delicious exterior is paired with just the right touch of rosemary, which is perfectly complimented by a sweet strawberry balsamic sauce. It’s so nice how this recipe uses jam so you don’t have to have fresh strawberries on hand to make it. My kids even love this chicken! My daughter told me at least three times how much she really liked it and that’s definitely out of the norm.
This chicken is so good you can even make it without making the sauce and still have an incredible winner winner chicken dinner!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Almond Crusted Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
Almond Crusted Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cut through thickness of each chicken breast (as if butterflying - but rather cutting entirely through) to create to two portions (if each portion isn't about 1/2-inch thick then pound with a meat mallet until nearly that thickness).
- In a gallon size resealable bag combine panko bread crumbs, almonds, rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper). Working with one chicken breast at a time, place in resealable bag and shake to coat, while slightly pressing as needed to get crumbs to adhere.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Transfer two chicken breasts to pan, and cook until golden brown on bottom about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Then lift chicken breasts and add 2 more tsp of oil, then rotate chicken to opposite side and cook until bottom is golden brown. Repeat process with remaining two chicken breasts. Transfer chicken to prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven until chicken has cooked through, about 10 - 15 minutes (internal temp should register 165 degrees on a thermometer). Meanwhile prepared Strawberry Balsamic Sauce.
- For the sauce:
- In a small saucepan heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until tender. Add strawberry preserves, balsamic vinegar, chicken broth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 - 6 minutes. Serve warm over chicken.
- Recipe source: adapted from Taste of Home