These Trifles made with angel food cake, cheesecake topping and blueberry sauce are the ultimate easy show-stopping dessert! These are a breeze to prepare yet they’re sure to impress everyone. Perfect for holidays or just an after dinner dessert.
Trifle Recipe Made Easy!
My family was dying over how good these were, and of course I was happy with how easy they were to make!
You get a sweet, light as a feather angel food cake that’s topped with a fluffy, rich cream cheese topping, and it’s finished with a refreshing blueberry sauce. It’s such a decadent trio of flavors!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Individual Trifles
- Angel food cake (homemade or store-bought)
- Granulated sugar
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Angel Food Cake Trifles
- Make blueberry sauce: in a saucepan mix cornstarch and sugar.
- Mix in water, lemon and bluberries.
- Boil until thickened. Let cool completely.
- Make cheesecake topping: in a bowl whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Separately whip cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Fold whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- To assemble trifles: divide angel food cake cubes among cups.
- Pipe over cheesecake filling.
- Top with blueberry sauce.
- Repeat layering once more.
A Year Round Treat!
These are the perfect treat to make any time of year because they are made using frozen blueberries. Of course you can use fresh blueberries but frozen wild blueberries have been my go-to lately since blueberries aren’t in season right now.
The wild frozen are more flavorful than the regular frozen blueberries and they also cook up in no time in this sauce since they are smaller.
And I’m pretty crazy about their color, that gorgeous natural vibrant color they become when they cook down is amazing!
More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Fruit Pizza
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Raspberry Crumb Bars (uses Jam so you can make them year round!)
- Apple Crisp
Angel Food Cake Trifles with Cheesecake Topping and Blueberry Sauce
Decadent trifles are made with fluffy angel food cake, rich cheesecake topping and a sweet blueberry. A show stopping dessert! These are a breeze to prepare yet they're sure to impress everyone. Perfect for holidays or just an after dinner dessert.
- 1 (13 oz) store-bought or homemade angel food cake
- Fresh mint leaves , for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) heavy cream
- 12 oz . cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90g) powdered sugar
For the Blueberry Sauce: In a medium saucepan whisk together granulated sugar and cornstarch. Mix in water and lemon juice. Add in frozen blueberries.
Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. Allow mixture to boil for about 2 minutes until thickened.
Let cool then chill completely (to speed chill I put it in a bowl in the freezer and stirred about every 5 minutes to until cold).
For the cheesecake topping: In a medium chilled mixing bowl* whip heavy cream using an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
In a separate large mixing bowl whip cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar using hand mixer until smooth and slightly fluffy. Fold whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture.
To assemble trifles: Gently cut angel food cake into small cubes using a serrated knife. Divide half of the angel food cake cubes among cups.
Place cheesecake topping in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and pipe half of the cheesecake filling over angel food cake layer.
Top with 1 - 2 spoonfuls of blueberry sauce then repeat layering once more. Garnish with mint if desired and serve immediately.
- *To chill bowl pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- You should be able to get about 7 - 8 cups filled but it will vary depending on the size of the cups. You can get more if you only do one set of layers in smaller cups.
- If you love these be sure to try my Strawberry Shortcake Trifles too!